Follow my Progress making Hairpin Lace!

Learning a new skill which takes some of the pressure off my fingers for awhile!  I used to cringe when I saw pics of Hairpin Lace but to be honest it's not that difficult.  My lovely man whipped up a loom for me yesterday and by the end of the night I had 4-70 loop strips!

All this is homework for my Beginning Hairpin Lace class at the 2011 Knit & Crochet Conference the end of this month....can't wait!  Their going to teach us different ways to assemble these strips and I will have a lovely little purse when we're done.


After reading more detailed instructions found on Wee Folk Art website, I do have to go back and count BOTH sides of each strip to make sure I have the correct number of stitches and then I read to roll them up so they don't twist for when I'm ready to assemble them so off I go!

Popular posts from this blog

Design dreaming

Crochet at rest or at desk?