Living in Chapters

A wise woman once told me something I have never forgotten.  She told me she "lived her life in chapters". I listened, but didn't really comprehend what she was telling me. Does it mean that the page is already written on or is waiting to be written?  Mind you I was just starting my second chapter, you know the one where your trying to make it on your own. She was well along in her chapters.  Her answer to me was brief and simple.  Our lives evolve, we're not the same people we were yesterday, because yesterday we learned something we didn't know the day before, nor do we know what we're going to learn tomorrow because really, tomorrow never comes, it's always today. Down the road you realize what a momentous journey it is. Chapters are good.  Chapters are forgiving and meaningful.  She's not with us anymore, but her wisdom lives on.  In me.

You never know what you can achieve until you jump out of your box.  I won't say I have a "bucket list" but I do have goals. I keep pushing myself to learn new things and my life has never been boring! The rewards can be very beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Design dreaming

Crochet at rest or at desk?